-- Twitter Summary card images must be at least 120x120px -->
After the success of the Education Expo at the RET Centre, it has decided to continue to make its informative workshops available to Limpopo.The RET Centre will host a special Education Technology Advancement Workshop on 9 November with education specialist Karen Walstra. Open to schools, educators and interested parents and parties, these workshops are designed to advance learners and schools.
Are you interested in introducing coding as an individual, school or aftercare centre or want to know how to use technology as a tool... then these workshops are for you. Call 015 491 2049 for a booking form or information.
07:00 - 07:45 PRINCIPAL NETWORKING SESSION
08:00 - 09:30 How technology will benefit my school
• Preparing children for the world of the future while in school.
• Provinding responses to learners using technology and engaging them in lessons in real time.
• How technology can save you time; enhance the way you teach and allow for more educator/student interaction (1:1 time).
10:00 - 11:30 Different technologies CAN support the way YOU teach
• Create an awareness of using technology in the classroom.
• Information Technology (IT) in school: Overcoming the educators’ fear.
• How IT can enhance teaching by creating an effective 21st century learning environment.
• How to integrate IT tools/applications into the everyday curriculum.
13:00-14:30 INTRODUCING CODING & ROBOTICS AT SCHOOL
• How to begin CODING and ROBOTICS clubs at school, during or after school.
• Let’s get CODING! Initial workshop to begin the coding journey.
• Introduction to Robotics.
15:00-16:30 SOCIAL MEDIA & INTERNET SAFETY FOR TEENS! Learners Grade 6 and up may attend THIS SESSION for FREE!)
• Focusing on internet safety and the importance thereof.
• Tips and ideas to combat CYBERBULLYING
• What type of digital citizen am I?
17:00 - 18:30 SAFEGUARING YOUR CHILD TO USE THE INTERNET
• Does your child have a tablet or phone? Is he or she using the internet?
• Parenting tips with regards to technology in the home.
• How to manage the games / items your children have access to.
• Encourage your child to be a responsible digital citizen.